Classical Ballet / Artistic Director
Was born on March 28, 1963 in Tbilisi, Georgia. Nina Ananiashvili took the first steps in ballet art as an ice skater. At the age of ten (In 1969) she was taken to the Vakhtang Chabukiani Choreographic School, after which she attended the Moscow Choreographic School In 1976 under the tutorship of Natalia Zolotova, a well-known pedagogue.
On 1981 Ananiashvili enter Bolshoi Ballet company and promoted to the rank of soloist on 1983 and then to Prima Ballerina from 1985-2004.
Since 2004 Nina Ananiashvili has become the artistic director of the ballet company of the Tbilisi Z. Paliashvili Opera and Ballet State Theatre.
In 2007 Nina Ananiashvili was selected the United Nations National Goodwill Ambassador, for achieving the millennium development goals in Georgia.
In 2011 she was awarded the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity by the President of Italian Republic.
- People's Artist of Georgia (1989)
- National Shota Rustaveli Award, Georgia 1993
- People's Artist of Russia (17 March 1995)
- Russian Independent National Award “Triumph” (the first time a dancer was honored) 1991
- «Woman of the Year» (International Biographical Institute) 2000
- Medal “National Merit Award” 3 order, Russia. 22 march 2001
- "Dance Magazine" Award 2002
- «Medal of Honor» (Georgia’s highest order) 2003
- Presidential Order of Light (Georgia, 26 May 2010)
- Gold Medal (junior group) at the 10th International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria. 1980
- Gold Medal at the Moscow International Ballet Competition 1981
- Gold Medal at the Moscow International Ballet Competition 1985
- Georgian State Ballet